TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Acceptance of Terms
By using or visiting Scarborough Ontario Health Team (SOHT)’s website, you agree to these terms and conditions (the “Website Terms”).SOHT may, in its discretion, revise the Website Terms at any time. You are bound by any such revised Website Terms by continuing to use or visit SOHT’s website after the revisions are posted online.
- SOHT Website
SOHT has the right, in its sole discretion, to add, remove, adjust, modify, discontinue or suspend any content of any section on the SOHT website, at any time and for any reason.
SOHT reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the SOHT website, at any time and without notice but confirms that it has no duty to do so.
- Services of the Website
The SOHT website provides or will provide the following services:
- general information about SOHT
- Information about SOHT member organizations
- newsletter of SOHT
- video clips and streams
- audio clips and streams
- news and events of ETHP
- forms to receive certain information from users, where applicable.
You agree to only use the SOHT website for these stated purposes and to only receive materials from the SOHT website that are proper and related to these services and the Website Terms.
- Ownership of Website Content
All intellectual property rights, including copyright and trade-mark rights, belong to SOHT. This includes all materials on or comprising the website, such as, all written, audio visual or other materials and graphical elements. SOHT grants you a limited license to use, download, print, or reproduce in whole or in part, the content on the SOHT website, subject to the following conditions:
- they must be used or reproduced accurately, without any modification;
- they must identify SOHT as the source;
- they must be used solely for personal and non-commercial purposes; and
- a copyright notice must appear in the following form: “© Scarborough Ontario Health Team. All rights reserved”.
SOHT’s prior, written permission is required for any content that is not included in the license above, such as any graphical elements or website code, and/or for the use of content for any purpose not expressly permitted above, such as for any commercial purpose.
SOHT logos are trademarks of SOHT and may not be used without the express written permission of SOHT.
Three types of cookies may be used during your visit to the SOHT website:
- “session” cookies, which are not permanently stored on your hard drive and are permanently deleted from your computer after two hours of inactivity or when you end your session, are used solely to help you to navigate around the site;
- “persistent” cookies, which remain on your computer for a period of time so that the website can recognize you when you return; and
- “third party” cookies used by our sponsors and advertisers to measure the effectiveness of their advertising.
Examples of how cookies personalize your website experience and save you time are as follows:
- When you watch a video clip or listen to an audio clip through the SOHT website, a cookie may take note of which type of clip (high or low bandwidth) you prefer to use on your device. Note, however, that you can change your video and audio preferences at any time or choose a player each time you view or listen to a clip.
- Where applicable, cookies can be used to store username and password information so that you don’t have to re-enter all of your information every time you visit the website.
Persistent cookies will remain on your computer after you have left SOHT’s website and will expire when you log out of the website, or 60 days after your last visit for security cookies, or two years after your last visit for advertisement and information notice cookies.
Please note that while most web browsers are initially set to accept cookies, you do have the ability to disable cookies if you wish through changing your internet browser settings. It may also be possible to change your browser settings to enable acceptance of specific cookies. For more information on enabling and disabling cookies, please refer to the help section on your web browser. If cookies are disabled it may mean that not all the services of the SOHT website might be available to you.
- Prohibited Uses and Commitments
- You may not use the SOHT website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. In addition to the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, you also agree to comply with all local laws that apply to your use of the SOHT website.
- You may not use the website in any manner which could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the website, SOHT’s servers or computer network, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the website.
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOHT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SOHT DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING USE, THE ABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULT OF USE OF THE CONTENT IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THE CONTENT MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. SOHT MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS TO THE CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE AT ANY TIME. SOHT MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH CONTENT.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
SOHT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, DISTRESS, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN CONTENT, (II) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS (III) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR SIMILAR, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, OR (V) FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE.
Capacity: You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age or possess parental or guardian consent to agree to these Website Terms, and are otherwise fully able and competent to enter into, to abide by and comply with these Website Terms.
Choice of Law: These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the City of Toronto in the Province of Ontario, Canada. The SOHT Website is physically maintained and operated by SOHT from the Province of Ontario.
Entire Agreement: These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and SOHT with respect to the use of the SOHT website, including visiting the website, and supersede and replace all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Website Terms to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Website Terms will continue in full force and effect.
If you have any questions about the SOHT website or the Website Terms, please contact SOHT Communications at: ScarboroughOHT@shn.ca.
Thank you for visiting www.soht.ca. We hope you find your visit to be worthwhile and useful.